I could use some prayer today. I had not heard from the doctor who is doing Elizabeth's tonsils. I had called nearly 2 weeks ago and asked if he felt we should have a sleep study done on her to make sure she definitely needed it done. I called today to find out some information. Evidently the doctor does not feel she needs a sleep study and is going ahead with the surgery. They just needed to hear from hematology. Hematology was waiting on them to send a date. So, nothing would have happened had I not called. But, with my call, we ended up with a date for surgery. May 25th. It will now be an overnight stay.
I know that I need to trust God to take care of my girl. But, I really feel heavy in my heart right now. I wanted to cry when I heard the date. I wanted to run; but instead, I shared with Elizabeth. She whimpered a little; especially when I told her they would be drawing some blood. It breaks my heart. I can't imagine what parents of children with more serious health conditions go through. My heart aches for them.
I have more fear then I should right now. She is in God's hands, but I am so uneasy. I know of 2 people who have died because of hemorrhaging. Both were many, many years ago.... but still.... it weighs heavy on my mind. I just read a 4 page instruction on tonsillectomy and bleeding disorders. It was very informative, but made my heart ache all the worse. She will have to have medicine for her bleeding for a couple of weeks. When she takes the medicine, her fluids must be restricted. To help a child with pain, fluid are to be pushed..... but in Elizabeth's case, I can not push them too much.
So... please pray for Elizabeth! And if you want to add me to that prayer, I will gladly accept it. Elizabeth is undergoing a tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, and an exploration of her larynx and bronchial tubes. It will be a lot for her. Pray it goes well with NO complications, pray they do not find any abnormalities on her bronchial tubes or her larynx. Pray that her recovery is an easy recovery with very little pain and absolutely NO complications due to her bleeding disorder or any other reason.
I know I will be able to lay this at Christ's feet in time... but right now I am really struggling with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment