Monday, February 22, 2010

The Tonsilectomy has been cancelled. I called this morning because Elizabeth has caught a cold. I figured they might not do surgery if she had a cold. I found out that it just depends on the congestion. She tends to get a lot of congestion when she gets a cold... but that isn't the reason for the cancellation. Evidentally, they cancelled it last week! During the pre-op call, I told them that she has beta minor thalessemia. Evidentally that was enough to cancel the surgery and send her to a hematologist before they will do it. Funny... we just did her bloodwork and last week her doctor referred her to a hematologist as well. I guess we need to follow through on that appointment! Oh well.. it is always better to do things in God's timing rather then mine. I am awaiting the call from the hematologist to find out how soon we can be seen.

As for snow; I think we are finally done. It is raining right now. The kids missed 3 days of school last week. Sam and Erin missed it Friday as well and they missed Monday due to Presidents day... and today because it is teacher work day. So they have not been in school since February 13th. Crazy! Erin, Mark and i traveled to Houghton again. Erin has an interview for the honors program. There are over 120 kids trying to fill 50 positions and recieve 60 scholarships. For Mark and I, it was a wonderful weekend. I really enjoyed our time together. Erin had an essay to write and faced 2 interviews. It was probably not so "relaxing" for her. We would LOVE for her to make it into the honors program. If she does, she will spend a month in Bosnia, Croatoa, Venice, and Slovenia. (probalby other areas as well, but I can not remember). What an experience that would be! And during Spring Break, she will hopefully be traveling with the soccer team to Brazil for a ministry.

Well, I need to go. I just wanted to update a little with Elizabeth.

No comments: