Thursday, February 18, 2010

There is never a dull moment in the home of the Millers. Just when things seem to be calming down, something always rises up to remind me my need for God. Elizabeth will be undergoing a tonsilectomy Tuesday. We found out last week. It's a little quick for me, but maybe that is for the better. I am nervous for many reasons, but many justs because it is my little girl who is going under anesthesia for the first time, having surgery, and then facing many days of severe discomfort and then one day in which there is a little more serious complications that could occur. So, I find myself, once again, resting in the presence of God... knowing that I do not have control; only He does.

And then a few nights ago, EMily called begging to come home. Life has hit her hard this week and she is missing us. She just wanted off campus. Thre are advantages and disadvantages to going to a small school. This week, she was only seeing the REAL disadvantages. She wanted to get away from it all. But in reality, what she really needed was for hugs from mom and dad and a good cry on my shoulder. Unfortunately, she couldn't have any of it. She had even arranged to fly home (not yet buying the ticket) until she discovered that we would not be able to be with her and the plans we have CAN NOT be changed. So.. she had to settle for SKYPE. We skyped for a good 2 hours. She was able to join our family devotions. It was pretty cool. By the end, she felt much better. It wasn't a hug, but it was the next best thing.

And finally (though not really the final thing of all that goes on). ... we have been hit with 3 huge snow storms. The kids have not been to school yet this week and both Sam and Erin have to miss school tomorrow! We just got slammed with 9-11 more inches of snow on Jacob's birhtday. LAst night, we had ice. Tonight, they are expecting melting and then freezing. And I just heard that Sunday night, we are expecting another 6 inches of snow! Tuseday we shoveled our driveway and our neighbors. Yesterday, I shoved my parents. When you have long drives and SEVERAL inches of snow; it makes for a VERY SORE back! Oh .. and then... I had a normal physical ... only to find out that I am losing some hearing, weighing more then I care to think... and discovering many other sad results of getting old. This getting old is for the birds!

No comments: