Saturday, November 7, 2009

Emily discovered a program on her computer that would allow her to play around with some of her pictures. She is like me and loves to be creative. This is one of the results:

Well.. three down (probably four) with the influenza A virus (which is most likely the swine flu). I have symptoms of it, though it is hard to tell because I lost my voice for ten days due to post nasal stuff and ended up with a hard cough at night... so the discomfort I am having could be from that. Who knows. Erin is avoided it as much as possible. She is never around much, but when she is she pops in says hello and pretty much runs to her room and shuts the door. Everyone at school is a little afraid of her right now. THat cracks me up ... and I don't blame them at all! Sam has been down now for 5 days. He is exhausted and unable to move a whole lot. We are suppose to be watching for any dangerous signs; rising temperature, rapid pulse rate, bluish nailbeds, etc... if so, then we are to take him to the ER right away. But... God is faithful. He had a good nights sleep (and still is sleeping). The little ones are wanting to play, Ri is still on the ill behaved side (I think it is the medicines and feeling poorly). But I am pretty sure we are out of the woods with them. Both were put on tamiful right away and both seem to have very little problems. Jacob is becoming a bit of a concern. His chest was really hurting him last night. He has had a horrendous headache for 8 days now. He seems to be getting worse everyday. Though his test was negative on Monday, I am pretty sure he has it now.

It is hard to be sad or upset about the flu being here. I figure God has answered our prayers. We were on the fence about the vaccination and now we don't have to be anymore. God has held all 4 kids in His arms and has made this "thing the media has made us all fear" something that really hasn't been too bad. In fact, I think I have gotten more sleep then I have ever had during any previous sickness! All 4 kids have slept in my room for the past 3 days. Mark has moved out of the room (anxiously asking when he can move back in... poor guy!) so that I can be right beside them and monitor them all through the night. Noone has had terrible fevers and none have had horrible restless/struggles at night. That is usually when the "fearful things" set in. I have had many nights with other sicknesses where I could hardly close my eyes because the kids were so sick and the worst part of those sicknesses were in the middle of the night when I was all alone with them. The hardest part seems to be trying to keep Ri and Elizabeth from running around. When they do, they begin coughing and wearing themselves out. It definitely is a virus that hits the lungs. All have had it hit there. I can surely see the danger in patients with underlying issues like asthma or conditions that cause them to be much weaker during illnesses then others are.

We have been so blessed by family and friends. I shared with you the help with the banquet. Yesterday, a good friend from church (who has the swine flu in her home), showed up with 2 bags of groceries to minister to our family. It was amazing to see her at our door. I know her situation and what she just went through.. and yet, she took the time to come to our house just to bless us. She is an amazing woman. In fact, her whole family is! Pray for her, if you will, she is battling some health issues which put her at very, very high risk with this flu. Then my mother-in-law and brother-in-law showed up with a basket of clothes she had taken home to wash for me and arm loads of snacks and such for the kids. The day before, she had showed up with tons of drinks and yogurt and rasberries. While she was here taking care of kids for me to be at the banquet, she had cleaned out my laundry room and did SEVERAL loads of laundry, washed, dried and folded! And took what was left home. When she brought them back, she took all the new loads. I am so blessed! (see why I view her as a saint?). And.. Thursday night was the night for college moms at our church. I have been longing to go, but missed the first 2. They meet once a month to pray for the college kids and make care packages. I wanted desparately to go, but the only night we could do the banquet was that night; so I was going to have to miss it AGAIN! My dear friend heard about the sicknesses in our home and called to tell me that she would make sure Emily had a package made up! SHe took a box, a card, and snacks to fill the box. THey all prayed for Emily and put together a care package (sorry Em... I might have just spoiled your surprise!). She dropped it off with another friend, they dropped it off at my house Thursday night, and then my in-laws took it to the post office for me yesterday! I am so blessed!!!

Well.. enough rambling. God is so good and so faithful! I rejoice in His grace in my life.

No comments: