No pictures for now. I have misplaced my card reader and I have no way to download :(. So sad.
Erin's banquet was last night. She was awarded the honor of 1st team all OCC. She was very happy. IT was a nice evening. We had worked on the banquet plans for sometime. A good friend and I planned most of it, but with the influenza A in our house, I ended up having to leave a lot of it on her shoulders. My mother-in-law (a saint in my eyes) came and sat with everyone so I could go to the banquet. I really felt I needed to be there since it was at our church and since my not being there would land it all on Deb's shoulders. So I helped set up and stayed to the end and even helped clean up as much as I could... but Elizabeth had taken Ri's tamiflu (purposely because she had a fever and the doctor wanted her immediately on the medicine because of her health conditions) and had been starting with hives. I wanted to get home to her and I needed to pick up her medicine (tamiflu) before the pharmacy closed. When i left, we had SEVERAL parents pitching in for the clean up and a member of our church willing to stay around and supervise so that everything was ok. I am so blessed! Our church secretary called 3 men who were so kind as to come and set the banquet tables up so that I wouldn't have to leave Ri and Sam. I praise God for such great friends!
Sam is still wiped out. Yesterday was his worse day (feeling). He is exhausted just walking up the stairs (and very winded). Today, he feels like his throat is better, his back is better, but his lungs are worse. He feels like he can't get a full breath. It has been 5 days so far. He didn't go on the tamiflu until Wednesday. My timeframe of 48 hours was almost up when I finally decided to get him on it. It is possible that he had symptoms earlier and I missed the window of opportunity. I sure wish I had just put him on it the first day instead of "fearing" his reaction to the medicine. Yet, even in my decision, God is in control! Ri is so ill behaved today. I am attributing that behavior to his not feeling well. HE has slept very well both nights (I am praising God for that!!). His lungs seem to be ok. He has a lose cough, but definitely sounding like stuff is there. He does not have a fever yet today. Elizabeth is very, very clingy and tired. She looks wiped out, yet she has no fever this morning and is trying to play some. Her lungs sound more full then the others. She had a restless night, but never really woke up. I gave her 2nd dose of tamiflu this morning and so far, she has had no reaction to it. (ANOTHER answered prayer!). Jacob, I am confident, probably has it as well. He was negative on Monday (but so was Ri). I never had him retested just because the window period for tamiflu was over. His is different, though. He has a horrible headache (and has had one for almost a week). He feels worse each day. Poor guy.
Well, another adventure in the Miller home. I dare say that there is never a dull moment! Emily is doing well. She is tired, but I think she has stayed healthy. We have set her appt up with a neurologist, for her shaking, when she comes home on Thanksgiving break. I can't wait to see my little girl again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment