Friday, October 23, 2009

On October 12th, Erin officially signed her letter of intent to play soccer at Houghton College in New York. It was quite an honor. The team, as well as the school, is excellent. We had the honor of standing with her for the newspaper article. On Tuesday of this week, she made the front page of the sports section for our local newspaper. There isn't a link to it, but if you any interest in reading the article, just click on the picture and it should go fullsize.



Senior Night was October 15th. It was a very odd feeling to watch her play on the High School field for the very last time. We have spent many games watching her play. New York is too far away for us to make the games very often, it is a very sad thought to me. There is a gentleman who supports the girls team FAITHFULLY! He comes rain or shine, snow or heat, home or away. He hasn't had a daughter on the team for over 5 (or more years). He comes wearing a soccer mask and cape and has affectionately been dubbed "soccer man". For each game, he chooses a theme and passes out something to match the theme as spectators walk in the door. And EVERY season, he presents the girls with their very own "rug"; hand made with love. He is amazing! This is Erin's rug. It is an "honor" to finally be given one.

This is the first year I have seen this done; a banner with each individual senior participant of every fall sport was hung at the football stadium. It is a very cool thing to walk down the row and see each child. This is Erin's. What a wonderful gift it will be to each senior.

And today, Jacob is heading off with his Uncle to see Emily again. I am thrilled for him because he truly misses Emily. He really ached to have some time with her last visit as well. He is looking forward to spending all weekend with her. As for me?? Well, it is hard for me to really talk much about it. I seem to choke up just about everytime I talk about someone getting to visit her. I really had no idea how much I ache for my little girl.

No comments: