We are finally home. We left without a tear shed. I think that is amazing. Emily absolutely loves BBC. I got a text last night at 12:20 am. It read like this: I LOVE IT HERE! tHIS IS BEYOND AMAZING! :) Both Mark and I were at peace by the time we had left her that night. We knew that she was where she needed to be. The college is equipping the kids with far more then an education; there is an eternal focus. But getting that message in the middle of the night was more then I could have asked for. It made leaving her today much easier. As soon as I can, I will post pictuers of her dorm room, she and her roommate, and the campus.
Elizabeth and Ri did a wonderful job staying with Mamaw. Not a tear was shed on that end either. In fact, when I called them this morning, neither wanted to talk. I was thrilled to know how much they didn't miss me. It would have been just too emotional for me to be leaving Emily and to have 2 little ones screaming for me 8 hours away.
It was a hard trip home. We hit probably 10 spots of construction. It caused us to add an extra hour or more onto the trip. When we pulled in, we discovered that we are out of water. THis time, I think it is a permanent thing. We don't know if the pump is gone or the well is dry or what.... but it isn't good and it won't be cheap.
It has been a hard weekend. We praise God for Emily's roommate, dorm parents, and the girls in her dorm. We were so comfortable with everyone we met. She is in for an incredible experience; I just know it. And I am trying very hard to praise God for the lack of water and the bill that we are facing to get water. God has not forgotten us. He is so faithful. I will praise Him for the good and the bad. Both are in His control and both are for my good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear that Emily is excited and that you are at peace. I am so prould of Elizabeth and Ri. God has blessed you and you have been a blessing to our family.
Blessings,
Christy
Hi Miller family!
I just love your fam! Thank you for always mentioning the faithfulness of our God in your blog. That is my greatest joy in reading it.
Love you,
Becky Durbin
Post a Comment