Tuesday, March 3, 2009










On Saturday, Mamaw had a birthday party for Emily. Before we surprised her with her gift to California, she had her heart set on a family birthday party. She never wanted to let go of that, so Mamaw had one for her. It was wonderful. Every member of Mark's immediate family was there as well as 2 very, very dear friends, Garland and Joyce. Garland made a very special cake for Emily. I think he must have worked for hours on it. It was incredible. He and Joyce found out that she collects cows, so they made her a cow cake. Her favorite color is purple, so they used purple as the primary color. How precious! Then our little neice, Lydia, made a cake for Emily as well. She made it all by herself! It was incredible. Emily was sure blessed by the love that was shown her.

Yesterday, Jacob had an EEG done on his brain. During the last episode of strep, he had passed out again. The doctor wants to make sure there is no seizure activity going on. I expect the test will come back normal. He also is wearing a heart monitor to make sure his heart is functioning properly. Again, I think it will be normal as well.

Erin and Sam found out that they will be able to work at our community pool over the summer. They just have to get their lifeguard license... which is becoming an item of prayer. We had them scheduled for next week, but found out the 2 most important activities in band are both next week as well. They are not allowed to miss any classes and are not allowed to miss band. Needless to say, I am very unhappy with the band director at this point for not allowing them to miss. BUt my kids reminded me that this has been on the schedule all year. It is not fair for me to be mad at him. They are right, but I am in a tough spot since they HAVE to have their licenses and right now this is the only time they can get it.

The little ones are now beginning the early stages of reading. They have learned all the AT words: at, cat, sat, hat, pat, rat, bat, mat. I checked out Hooked on Phonics from the library and am very happy with it. So, with that said, I am off to do some phonics.

No comments: