Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life in the Miller home hasn't changed much. I've just not had the energy to sit down and write. I'm not really sure why, I just haven;t. My mindset seems to have changed recently. I am much more focused on my walk with God and on my family. It seems that i have lost the longing and desires I once had to sit at the computer and create. I spent hours playing around with photos, never really doing anything with the end result except for storing it on my computer. I have started countless books, only to store them in the computer and never publish them. I guess I don't need tht outlet as much anymore. One day, when the kids are grown, I'll sit down and finish every last one of those silly books I started! There are a few that I have made Mark promise he will print if God takes me home. And... if God calls me home before I complete a couple of them, I want them printed anyway...even half done. They are keepsakes for the kids.

I don't plan on God taking me home anytime soon.... but I am not God and do not know His plans. I am only in His hands and wanting, with all my heart, to be used of Him. This season of my life is a strange one. I am very much in the thick of college hunting/planning. I am taking Erin to New York in a couple of weeks and then turning around and taking Emily to Tennessee. There are lots of decisions, lots of deadlines, and way too many emotions going on! And in the thick of preparing for college, I am attempting to teach the beginnings of "school" to two four year olds! What an extreme!! We have been working on the beginning parts of reading. I made some flash cards with index cards. They are very simple... just words on an index card. I also had a deck of sight words that I have interspersed with my home-made cards. That was fine for a few times, but now the two beg for the sight cards. I think it is becuase they are so much more colorful then the homemade ones. SO.... I sat down with the kids on my lap and we created a few flash cards. Here is a sample of our cards:



All I have to do is cut them and they will be finished. They are so excited about them! So, as we begin a new sound, we will print up a new flash card set. It should be lots of fun!

So.. what is new? Well... Sam is turning 15 on Saturday. He made the high school volleyball team. He's never played before, so it should be a fun season. He and Erin are taking lifeguarding classes all during Spring Break (not a fun Spring Break). If they pass, they should be able to have a good job for the summer. Erin is heavily trying to recruit girls for the high school soccer team. She came home with a list of 30 some girls who showed interest. She is meeting with a different girl every night to spend some one-on-one time helping them. She is excited. She was also asked to help with a traveling girls soccer team. Emily is working hard. She is in the thick of some heavy workload at school. Her senior project is due in a month. We have thrown 2 colleges at her recently, so she is a bit overwhelmed at the thought of visiting them and applying for them as well. Jacob is back into soccer. Right now, he seems to have the strep throat/tonsilitis back. His tonsils are incredibly hugh!! We have to go tomorrow to have them evaluated by the doctor again.

Well, that is the just of our homelife right now. I hope to add a few of the sweet things the little ones do. They sure do warm your heart!

No comments: