Thursday, June 19, 2008

Well, hello again! I have been off for so long. Time is flying by. I seem to be swamped with things to do and I have so much to say that I just haven't taken time. Today is no different. I go to pick Sam up in 45 minutes. He is at Summer Gym. But after I pick him up, I am taking him to the airport so that he can fly to Poland. I can't believe today is the day. Please pray for him and for the family who has been so gracious as to include Sam. They fly out of Chicago at 10:30 this evening and will arrive in Poland at 4:00am our time. My heart aches to know he will be gone for a month. It aches not for him, but for me. I will miss my boy! But I am so excited for him! I can not begin to explain how excited I truly am. I pray God will do mighty things in Poland... both for those who live there and for Sam and his new "family for a month".

Here is a picture of our celebrating Sam's last night with us before flying off. We had promised him a drive in movie, but Elizabeth had a fever and had another seizure in the morning. With that in mind, we did not want to go to the drive in. So...we made our own on our deck. It was very fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark and Darcy!

Welcome back to the blog! I was sincerely missing your postings. I love your family to pieces...no, make that Reese's pieces!!!!!!!!! Ha! You absolutely amaze me with how you are making memories your children will keep for a lifetime. The movie on the deck was incredible brainpower! I know Sam will remember that one for a long time.

Love you,
Becky