Friday, June 6, 2008

Sometimes I look into the eyes of one of my kids and am blown away at the awesome responsibility that God has given us and the realization that these children are so absolutely precious. I am in awe that God has blessed us with these 6 incredible gifts. Then, quickly, I am ashamed at all my grumbling at times! If I could only remember that my babies are entrusted to us by the All-Mighty Creator of Heaven and Earth. If I could remember that He chose to bless us with them... If I could remember that they are created in His image.. If I could only remember how truly priceless they are.... every moment of the day! If I could only remmeber these simple truths, I might have a joyful attitude every moment of every day.

It seems that God has reminded me a great deal lately of the brevity of life. When Maria Chapman, 5 years old, was taken home to be with the Lord and then on Wednesday evening Erin found out that a young man in her class was killed in a car accident. I was taken aback, again. I began to imagine the pain of losing one of my children in a car accident (or any other way). I just can't go there. I have to stop almost as soon as I begin imagining it. If I don't, then my fears my take over. It's then that I try to remind myself that God has already appointed a day in which He will take them home. I have to rest in His arms and trust Him. God did not give us a spirit of fear... but oh how easily it can come upon us! I can't imagine a more deeper pain then losing a child. Please continue to pray for the Chapman family and for her brother. The pain that he must be feeling is unimaginable. And please pray for the Richert family as they deal with the loss of their son.


Emily is on her own now. My brother and his wife headed on their journey. Emily is loving every moment of her adventure. My neice and nephew are being perfect little angels for her. I am excited for her to have this opportunity. Please pray for her protection, though. She is on her own, watching a 10 & 8 year old, driving my brothers car, in a town she is unfamiliar with, in a home all alone... and then flying home with both of the kids... by herself. She is mature, strong, independent, and able to take care of kids in an amazing way.... but she is still only 17 years old. That is a lot of responsibility.



Here she is with my nephew and 2 nieces. Eli is 10, Faith is 8 and Stephanie is 21.

No comments: