Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She is such a ham at times...... ... and quickly turns to serious or thoughful.....
... and then there is my silly boy, who loves doing anything that makes me smile.
well.. maybe not anything. Here he is mad at me. At this point, I did not give him his turn because he refused to go get the ball. There were playing "tennis". It was his turn to go get the ball. Since he refused, he missed his turn. As a result, he fell flat on the ground and laid there, still as could be. I told him that he needed to get the ball. He realized that I wasn't going to respond to his laying, so he kicked his shoes off. I still didn't respond, so he took each sock and threw them. I just cracked up. His little "temper tamtrums" don't really last long. But seeing him fall on the ground flat on his back is quite comical.


Ri loves swinging ... anything in his hands!



Doesn't this make a very nice seat?




I couldn't resist this one, he has such a sweet face!






Elizabeth's facial expressions are often so gentle and serious.




He's off again! This time, my little HOBO is on a mission with his precious balls (some of his favorite toys)

I can't remember if I posted anything about the blog that our friends are psoting to, but if you are intersted in seeing some of Sam's adventures in Poland, the blog site is: www.friendsofradom.blogspot.com

I shot these pictures last night with the little ones. We havent been outside much lately due to the sickness that has been lingering around our home. I think it has gone through everyone except for Ri. Funny how are "sickest" member is really our healthiest :)



Speaking of that, I don't think that I shared the details of his last visit to the cardiologist. Last year, when we visited him, Ri cried so hard when I sat him on the table for his ultrasound that the nurse refused to even attempt one. She looked at me after 30 seconds and said that Ri was uncooperative and we couldn't do it. Needless to say, I was not impressed with this nurse! This year, Ri was absolutely a gem! So, with an actual US to read, the doctor was able to give us more information. He does have some pulmonary stenosis and a small VSD as well as a couple arteries that are too narrow and one that it too large. He looked at Ri and told me that there was no way he would do anything with a child that looked as good as he does. He just doens't want to mess with things. Unless he begins to experience several pneumonia / bronchitis bouts, then we are fine to kepe things as they are until his body gets much bigger. Ideally, he would like to wait to do anything until he is big enough to be able to place adult size stints (not sure how to spell those)in him. He will need them, but the doctor would rather wait so that he does not need multiple surgeries for it.

So, eventually he will need some more repair. Until then, his activity level is fine. He will probably become winded much quicker then most (he does), and he probably won't ever be a marathon runner (we knew that already - and face it, how many of us are?)... but he can still participate in everything anyone else can. We are praising God for our healthy little boy!

No comments: