I put this picture up of Mamaw, my mother-in-law, to share with all of you. Isn't she beautiful? But it isn't just her outside beauty that shines. She is probably the one female that I look up to most in my life. I know, I've heard so many stories about the "scary mother-in-law" and how women don't like theirs... well not me! I think that there is none better. I look to her for advice, I long for her words of wisdom, I seek her when I am troubled. I enjoy every minute I am with her, I love to watch her with our kids, I miss her when I haven't seen her for awhile. She is my mentor, my hero, and my friend. I am truly blessed to have her in my life.
The above pictures were taken when we went to visit Mark's family in Ironton. We enjoyed a wonderful afternoon with his Aunts and cousin. We were treated like royalty! They are just about as wonderful as Mamaw is. It was the first time they had gotten to see Ri in person.
As for the rest of the time since I have not been posting....it has been a busy week and a half. I think I spent a good 8-10 hours at doctors this past week... and with 2 toddlers. It was definetly a different experience. But.. Erin had to see the orthopedic here in Mt. Vernon twice and then have the MRI done at the hospital. Then we went to Columbus to see another orthopedic doctor. Then she had surgery on Friday. On top of that, Ri had his normal weight/ck exam and then Sam ended up in the doctors Friday morning because he was so sick with fever and pain. That is how it typically goes around here during this type of season.
Erin's surgery went well. She had an excellent surgeon. We all felt very safe with him. He said she did great and should be up moving in no time. He did not repair it, but cut around the tear. He was quite happy with the results. He found an extra tendon (or something like that) that did not belong in her leg, so he cut that out. I am trusting that he knew what he was doing :). She is uncomfortable today and says that her knee feels very funny. She is a little concerned, I can tell, because of the way it feels. But, I am confident it is because someone was inside her leg doing all kinds of things. At this point, we are trusting God that all has gone well.
Sam is as sick as Emily was a few weeks ago. THis "flu" is a doozy! I always hate it when he gets so sick, because fevers cause him to halucinate. At times, his halucinations aer so scary to watch. You know he is completely detached from all reality and totally convinced that whatever he is halucinating is completely real to him.
On another note, Ri is doing wonderful. He weighs 27.1 pounds (I weighed Elizabeth and the same time and she weighed 27.2 pounds... though a few weeks or months ago, she was pushing 29. So who knows?) He measured 34 1/2 inches. He is saying 2 and 3 words at a time. He is running faster then he use to. His too most common words are "eat" and "potty". We do a LOT of both around here with him!! :) He is an excellent napper and sleeper. I have never had one so good. He responds great to discipline (he gets it alot :)). He is an incredible kid!! So sweet, so innocent, so full of spunk, hesitant yet brave. He bounces back after he gets hurt or after he gets disciplined as if nothing happened. He is very forgiving and quick to say sorry. Mark and I are constantly thanking God that he allowed us to adopt this little guy. What a huge blessing he is to our family! What a beautiful little boy.
And... oh how he has blessed Elizabeth's life. Everyday, we see her growing and changing because of him. Words really are enough to share how much he has effected her life. They are so good for each other. Wow! It blows us away.
Eizabeth has grown so much. She is talking using 4-5 words at a time. She is able to lay in bed at night without crying for me and wait patiently until I return. She is coming out of her shell ... a little... around others. She is such a good sister to Ri and really, really loves him. I catch her dancing and singing all the time (maybe we have a musician on our hands?).
Well.. I have at least updated a little. I have to go right now. I will try to write more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment