UHBADETH.... It is an adorable word. Any clue what it means? I hear it alot these days. Guess it yet? Well, you probably have to be mom to understand it. It means.. Elizabeth. And it is a word that Ri likes to use alot. He is adorable when he says it.
Erin is doing well after her surgery. She is walking on her leg and attempting to move it normally, though she is uncomfortable. We go back tomorrow for the follow up. I will know more then. Sam is doing much better. He finally went back to school yesterday. He told me last night that no matter if he has a temp or not, he is going to school. He has missed so many days that he is really getting behind. Poor guy.
Emily is having a very tough week. If you could pray for her, I would appreciate it. Saturday, on the spur of the moment, she decided to get her haircut....at Walmart. I had mentioned that she needed to cut it and teased her about getting it short, she had responded with "no way". Well, she shocked me and cut it. She went in on her own and asked for 4 inches to be cut off. She loved the 4 inches and decided to go another inch. During the next moments, the woman cutting her hair took SEVERAL cell phone calls WHILE she was cutting Em's hair... it ended up at least 4-5 inches more! And to top it off, is was so lopsided, that she came home and had to cut it again. She is devastated. A long time ago, she had set a goal that if she ever got her hair cut short again, she would wait until her hair was long enough so that she could donate the hair to locks of love. She wasn't ready to cut it all off. Now that it did end up getting cut off, she has nothing to give to locks of love and won't be able to for a long time. That just kills her. ANd..Do you remember what being 16 is like and how important it was to you how you looked? She LOVED her beautiful long hair. I have never seen her so sad, it breaks my heart. She still looks just as beautiful, but I can not convince her. The thing is, Emily is probably one of the most gorgeous young woman I know. I am not being bias. It is just that Em has so much inward beauty that you could destroy her hair and not notice it one bit! Unfortunately, a 16 year can't see that. So.. please pray for her. I think it is more then just hair, though. She is taking a psycology class. She loves it. She was given an assignment that really impacted her life! She and a friend did an experiement. Emily dressed up as a gothic kid. She played the part wonderfully. I have picture that i have to scan for you all to see. But she did not look like our beautiful little girl. This was Sunday. Then, after dressing the part, she and her friend went to her friend's youth group. THey did not share what they were doing, Em just played the part... well. She got shunned and judged horribly. Then they went to Walmart. Again, she felt the resistance of others. After the experiment, she was changed. She had walked in the shoes of another person. She had felt the judgments adn criticism of others. I think it has effected her more then she thought it could have ever done.
So.. on top of the devestating haircut and this experiment, she is struggling. She is a precious, tender hearted, little girl who loves the Lord. She is so incredibly beautiful and a joy to us. My heart just breaks when one of my children is hurting.
1 comment:
I've decided that people working in the hair salon should not be answering the phone. There should be a secretary for that! I get so mad when I see people always on their cell phones. They can't drive, eat, visit with family and friends, do their job (obviously) without being on the phone. What did we ever do without those things? We have a cell phone that we share. It stays in the car. Today I will be taking it in the house where I clean because referrals could come today and I don't want to miss the call while I'm at work.
Jennifer
Post a Comment