Sunday, October 7, 2007






I can not believe it has been so long since I have typed anything. I have entered a design contest for the digital scrapbooking and it has kind of consumed my life. I have been meaning to get on and write about Emily. A week ago, Emily asked if she could go visit her Mamaw. We asked her to wait until later in the afternoon so that she could watch the litte ones while Daddy and I watched Erin and Jacob's game. I don't get that many opportunities to really sit and watch any of the soccer games because we always have the little ones with us. She was disappointed. Why? Well, not because of watching them, but because she would miss out on seeing her cousings. Normally that is understandable. Sheis a teen and most teens want to socialize with other kids. But in this case.,.. her cousings are 8 and 6!! She was so sad at the thought of not having time with them. It is mind boggling to me. She amazes me! She wanted to go to Columbus to visit her cousins and spend time with her Grandmother and her Uncle. Now that is one amazing child. But it gets better. When she knew that we were disappointed, she thought of a solution so that she would not miss her cousins and she would be able to help us out. She volunteered to take the 2 little ones with her! ARe we blessed or what?? How many 16 year olds would offer that? I don't know ANY!!! WEll, after thinking about it for a long time and her actually begging us to do this for us, we finally agreed. So, Emily took Elizabeth and Ri to Columbus. This was around 1:00pm. She didn't come home until 9:00 that night!!! What a gift she gave me! I was able to sit and enjoy 2 soccer games and spend the day doing whatever I wanted to do. It was such a refreshing day for me. I praise God for the precious young woman that Emily is becoming. She is a true treasure!!

You might wonder about the beautiful pictures of Emily I just posted. She went to the Homecoming Dance last night. She must have been the most beautiful girl on the dance floor!!!!!! Isn't she just gorgeous?? I am thankful that she has a wonderful head on her shoulders, she is not boy crazy (because I am sure they are crazy over her!) and she loves the Lord. What more could I ask for?

As for the rest of the family, all is well. Ri and Elizabeth are doing great. Soccer is winding down. I am so thankful for the game I was able to watch of Erin's... because she got injured in the next game. She is out of commission for awhile. She tore her manicus cartilage (not sure how to spell manicus) and will be having surgery on it this week or next.

Well I need to go, Elizabeth needs me.

No comments: