My daughter asked me why I hadn't posted anything about our weekend. I simply ran out of time and hadn't gotten back on. I was more consumed by my thoughts on rejoicing and I completely forgot my thoughts on the weekend. We had an amazing time with the girls over the weekend. It was way too short, but it always is.
We arrived on campus just a few mintutes after Em arrived. Erin's game was ready to begin, so we immediately headed for the field. It was fun to be there together. Sam was the only one missing... and boy did we miss having him. It just didn't seem complete. Houghton played the Naz and won! Erin starts every game, though she is usually taken out during the first half for 10-15 minutes. Sometimes less, sometimes longer. The first half, she was out for 15-20 minutes (just after we got there). But the 2nd half, she played nearly the entire half. She is looking very strong. It was fun to watch her making plays. She is so gifted with her footwork. I haven't quite figured out if she is taken out for rest, because she isn't playing well, or to protect her from injuries. Her body is taking some beatings and it is not holding up as well as we all would like for it to. She seems to be taken out more often when the team is ahead. On Saturday's game, she was left in nearly the entire game (and it went into 2 overtimes). But during Saturday's game, her shoulder popped out. None of us could figure out what happened (the coach included). We all figured she got hit hard, but all that happened was she turned quickly. It came out while she was running! Yikes! So... she has an appointment with a doctor tomorrow and, hopefully, we should find out what damage we are looking at. In the meantime, I think the coach is using her when he needs her and taking her out when they are ahead. I could be wrong, though... Houghton is a very good team with excellent soccer players. I could just be a proud mama who is giving excuses for her girl. In my eyes... She is the best! But I am kind of partial! :)
Emily was amazing. She looks fantastic. She looks at peace and excited about life. It was so much fun spending time with her. She makes us smile. I have missed her smile and her tenderness. 8 weeks is just too long! It is so cool to see what God has done in her life over the past 6 months. Whenever I doubt prayer, I need to look in the face of my little girl. God has done amazing things in Emily's life.
The girls were precious with Elizabeth, Ri and Jaoob. Mark and I both were in awe of how much Emily and Erin have grown up and developed into beautiful, Godly young women. Wow - Just when I think that I have ruined their lives by being a horrible example/ mom ... God reminds me that He has them in His hands and HE is molding them to be the woman HE desires! I really have nothing to do with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment