Tuesday, October 5, 2010
I get to see my girls this Friday! Yay!! I can not wait. It feels like forever since I've seen them. I haven't seen Emily in 6 weeks and I've only seen Erin for a brief few hours. Things are pretty routine around here. Elizabeth and Ri absolutely love kindergarten. Jacob has settled into a normal life of high school. He is trying to get involved through clubs. He is getting all A's, so I guess the transition (academically) hasn't been bad. Sam is very, very involved in school. He has very little time to call his own. Unfortunately, his grades, at this moment, are beginning to reflect that. The challenges of college courses are really being put in his face and he is realizing it takes a little more effort then high school courses do.
As for everything else, all is well. I just heard a few minutes ago that it is a go for Ri's procedure. The doctor who reviewed everything said that it doe appear that a cath needs to be done to the Left pulmonary artery. He stated that he wants to see what is needed once he can get into it. He also is somewhat concerned about his right pulmonary artery and would like to evaluate it during the procedure as well. We knew it did not look good, but the heart doctor did not indicate that we were going to do anything to that one. So, now I just have to decide if I want to meet with the doctor who is going to do the catheter before hand so that he can explain everything to us or just go in and have it done. We still do not have anything scheduled. They don't schedule it until the doctors office calls to let me know that it is a go. We are definitely looking a month or 2 down the road. We are hoping for the week before Christmas. That way Sara's mom does not have to find a babysitter and Emily and Erin will both be here. It was hard on them to not be at the hospital for Elizabeth when she had the surgery on her hand and then on her tonsils.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment