Emily has called and harassed me several times about not posting anything about her. I can only imagine how difficult it is being away from home and feeling like you are never thought of ... at least on the blog that is. She checks it every day. So she sent me a few pictures from her summer at skyview:





And then I took a couple off her facebook. The first one is of her suite mates in school. The second one is of Em and her roommate:


Emily is doing well .. at least that is what she tells us. She has been known to tell us great things when,in fact, she is struggling. But I think she is doing very well. She has a roommate this year. She was pretty anxious about that. She was very spoiled last year with having a room all by herself. But God has been faithful. She and her roommate really enjoy each other. This year, she plans on getting involved in campus life. I am very excited about that. God has done such incredible things in her life over the summer that I am excited to see what He has planned for her this school year. She has switched her major from missions/education to counseling with a missions minor. She really felt a confirmation of that after having spent the entire summer as a counselor at camp.
Emily has spoiled me, though. I am use to her making sure she talks to me at least once during the day. She loves to share with me what is going on in her life. Well..maybe not so much "loves" sharing... but she knows it makes me happy so she makes sure she keeps me posted on her life. She sends me little text messages now and then as well as calls when she is walking to work or sometime when she is bored. But... the downfall to that... is that God chose to have Erin go to school next.
Erin is not of the same mind as Emily! I am not yet convinced they share the same blood or family line. It can't be possible! We really don't hear much from Erin. We can text her and she may or may not respond. When we talk on the phone, the conversation is pretty one sided and doesn't really last long. What we can gather is that she is exhausted, her roommate is fine, soccer is hard (but good), she likes Houghton,classes are OK, and she is OK. She did call me yesterday and it was the first conversation I have had with her since she left in which she really shared with me what is going on in her life and how she is feeling. I loved every second of it! She has switched her major from pre-physical therapy to childhood education. She did it on her own, without consulting us. I am so proud of her. She knew what she wanted. This is her career, not ours. She did have to muster up the courage to tell us, though. She was a little concerned we would not be happy that she did not talk with us before hand. She seems to be really growing in Christ. For that I am forever grateful!
Well, I have to get kids on the bus. I just needed to post something for my girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment