Thursday, September 9, 2010

I was talking with one of my dearest friends this morning when she asked about the triathlon. Well.. it is on Sunday. I guess I am as ready as I will be; not that I am convinced that is a good thing. Last Thursday, Mark and i rode 15 miles and then ran 3.1 miles immediately after that. We had planned on swimming, but we missed the open swim time so we couldn't do it. We both survived the bike/run part. To my dismay, my husband beat me.... by quite a bit. But, I managed to complete both the bike and run, so I was happy. The swim part doesn't concern me too much, at least whether I can complete it or not. But the weather DOES cause me some alarm!!! I looked at the weather and it is suppose to be low of 52 and high of 71....at 8:20 in the morning, I am thinking it might be close to the 52 mark!!! We swim first and then bike 15 miles with a wet suit on. I picked up the instructions today and saw that they permit wetsuits (depending on the weather conditions). Well... 52 is COLD... but I do not have a wetsuit. Boy do I hate being cold@!!! I am dreading that temperature far beyond the actual race. I can't imagine standing in a swim suit getting ready to swim in those temps, let alone actually swimming .4 miles and then getting out and immediately bike at 15mph in a wet suit!!! So... pray...please... for warm temperatures!!

No comments: