It is funny how things feel to me these days. I walk into Erin's room and if I stop to think at all, I need to walk away. I am ok if I just go in and start working at changing it (Jacob is going to move in to it), but if I take a moment to think of my little girl and go through her things... I really do need to go do something else. My home is getting a bit smaller and my heart is aching a bit more. We took Erin to school on Sunday. Most likely, she will not be home until Christmas (unless her team does not make the national tournament and then she will be home Thanksgiving). We get to see her a few times when the team travels to Ohio to play and when we go there at least once. I am so excited for her, yet my heart aches. When we left her, she seemed so empty and sad. It broke my heart. She had a smile on her face, but the smile was one that saddened my heart. We left her, alone.... knowing she was aching that she wouldn't see Jacob (her boyfriend) for 4 months..knowing that she was a little apprehensive about soccer, knowing that she wouldn't have a roommate for 2 weeks... knowing that her room is very dull and empty (not feeling like home or cozy - the rooms are so small that it is hard to make it that way) and something about it just made me sad.... knowing that she wouldn't be home... knowing that she is an independent child.. yet knowing that she is tougher then nails and wouldn't show much emotion if she were aching. There was just something that made me sad.
Which leads me to this post. For those of you who have a walk with Jesus... could you pray for her? I just spoke to her and I really feel like she needs some prayer. Her body is so physically warn out. They are practicing morning and evening. Her knees are really hurting her. It has been awhile since her knees have acted up. She needs to take ibuprofen regularly right now and keep them iced, but hasn't. Her back is really hurting (which may be a result of overcompensating because of her knees or just from the intense practices). And her shoulder is popping out. She talked to the trainer about it. The trainer informed her that she is probably going to have to have surgery when the season is over to repair it and that the next time it pops out, she may have some issues with getting it back in. So please pray for her body. Pray the shoulder stays strong through the season and that we can get it repaired at the end. She is an amazngly strong child and can keep an intense physical pace.. but with these new issues, it is going to be hard on her.
2 comments:
I will be praying for Erin and her mommy too!!
I just prayed for her and your family too.
Post a Comment