Well, today is a very big day around here....probably one of the bigger days. Our sweet little girl, Erin, turns 18. She officially becomes an adult. And... not that a child turning 18 is enough... but Mark and I celebrate our 20th anniversary. Twenty is a pretty big deal! So, again, I must say that today is a big day. Unfortuatnely, Erin is not around right now. She is celebrating her day working ALL day at a soccer camp. She probably won't get a break until near midnight. I will be lucky if I actually get to "verbally" wish her a happy birthday. It makes me very sad. To make things worse, we ordered her gift online to be sent to Houghton so that she could open it on her actual birthday (since none of us will be with her) and we just FINALLY got notification that it was out of stock and they would cancel the order. So, not only will she be alone, but her gift (the main one) will not be there. But... I did manage to have a couple things sent to her. Hopefully she will actually get those.
Erin is full of life! She is probably one of the most determined young woman that I know. She has been determined since before she was born. We knew that when I was delivering her. The doctor said it would be some time before she was born. He left the room and within a few minutes, the nurse was running after him. When he came back, he was shocked and told me to stop pushing (he had to get ready). I told him that I wasn't doing anything at all. Erin was determined to come on her own terms. She has never changed. She has been a go getter from the moment she was delivered. And her love for life and her intensity for life has always been incredible. SHe has brought us more joy then I could ever describe. I look for God to use her in mighty ways as she begins her journey as an adult. Heppy birthday baby girl!


.JPG)
.JPG)
.JPG)



.JPG)
.jpg)
.JPG)
.JPG)



.JPG)
.JPG)
2 comments:
Congrats on the 20 years! That is awesome!! You guys are blessed.
Happy 18th Birthday to Erin!! I love all the pictures. She was an adorable kid that turned into a beautiful woman. We wish her the best today and always.
Love,
The Masyr 6
Hi Millers!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Your family is so neat!
Becky
Post a Comment