There is something so precious in the way that God works. Tonight, Emily took Ri and Jacob to Mamaw's because Elizabeth's surgery is at 9:00 in the morning. We have to be there at 6:15, so we decided it would be easier on Ri if we took him to Mamaw's now rather then wake him up at 5:00am. Sam was studying in his room, Erin was visiting Jacob, so it was just Mark, Elizabeth and I. We were just about to settle down when our pastor showed up at our door. What a precious man of God! The trip from our house to his is not a small one. He made it just so he could encourage us and pray with us. It was a BLESSING! I have been so hesitant despite how much I keep feeling like I have left this surgery in God's hand. It was precious of God to send His servant to remind us of verses and of God's love. We had a very sweet time of fellowship and a sweet, tender prayer time.
God is certainly holding our little girl in His hands. She knows it is tomorrow and she knows all that I can prepare her for. I don't hold back much simply because I don't ever want her to not trust me. She knows they will administer the IV when we get there. She knows I will be with her until it is time for surgery. I told her that I will be right outside the door.... then she got pretty upset. She questioned me as to why I wouldn't be in the room with her the WHOLE time. She does not want me to leave at any point. I told her I will be with her as long as I can and I will be with her as soon as she wakes up. I also told her that her throat will hurt a lot but that she will have special medicine to help her.
So.... please pray that all goes well; with no complications and very little pain or blood. I would also love for prayer for her not to have any major set backs emotionally. If the pain is intolerable for a few days, the set backs could be horrible. But.. as I was reminded tonight, God is in control. The same God that created the ehavens and the earth is the God that has promised that He will be there with us and that his loving hand will be holding us and giving us all that we need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment