Thursday, January 7, 2010






There is so much that I have failed to post; little by little I will try to put it up. Today, I wanted to highlight Ri. He turned 5 on Sunday. I can hardly believe it. My scared, weak, scrawny little boy that we brought home over 2 and a half years ago, turned 5. And by no means is he scared or weak any longer! Scrawny? Well... maybe a little on the skinny side... but certainly not scrawny! Wow.. God is so good.

Ri is FULL of life. He is ALL boy... did I say ALL? I wish there was a better word to describe him because he is certainly more then full of life and all boy :)

He grabs ahold of life and runs with it. He is as sweet as they come and ornerier then any little guy I know. He can wrap himself around your little finger and in the next breath send you spinning with frustration. He has a zest for life. He sparkles, he creative, he's smart as a whip and curious as a cat. He is still an incredible mimic, though he has learned how to think on his own now. He explores, creates, and destroys with the best of them! He gravitates towards the rowdy kids and picks up (and joins in) on intensity very quickly. He is very quick to apologize (and often melts your heart when he does). His favorite things are books and drawing. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES drawing. He counts everything he can. I often see him sitting down reading books out loud to himself.

His absolute favorite toy is Sam. Jacob is his buddy. Emily is the one he loves to go places with. Erin is the one he likes to make things with. Daddy is his hero. And Elizabeth is his very, very best friend! We are so blessed that God has brought our little boy to us. We praise God for saving his life and for choosing us to be his family. Happy Birthday Ri-B Roo!



On a side note... my intense, loud, wild, 15 year old boy sometimes needs his mom to show him that she still has control!


No comments: