Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Parenting is one of the most rewarding and least rewarding jobs that you will ever have. It is the toughest and easiest. It is a "job" you love will the most and sometimes hate the most. It is exhilerating and exhausting; exciting and ...well.. never dull! It is one that can put you at the top of a mountain shouting for joy and one that can send you to the deepest valley; crying out to the Lord. It is the job that pays the most and pays the least. In one day, you can feel as if it is a thankless job and noone ever notices anything you do; and within minutes, be given the highest reward possible (a hug or an "I love you, mommy" or a "thanks for the advice, mom" or something like that). I think parenting is a very confusing "job". Its one of the most prestigious jobs you could ever have yet it requires no education at all. Parenting... the hardest thing you will ever do!!

I love parenting... all the ups and downs... all the highs and lows.... all the frustrations and elations.... all that comes with it. Though, sometimes.... I must admit.... I complain and moan; only to crawl in bed on those nights and thank God for my 6 wonderful children and my incredible husband. I wouldn't trade being a mom for anything in this world. Brief moments, though, I might think about it... but those thoughts are fleeting. And when the wind of the "storm" of childhood moments passes by; I rejoice in being given such an incredible task.

Thank you, Lord, for all that you have allowed me to experience with these precious kids! I have and am learning so much about you,through them.

No comments: