Sunday, June 7, 2009

Emily is the one in the very back, in the middle, in a white gown (though you might have figured that one out yourself)
I thought this one was sweet. The young man walking behind Emily sweetly held her hat on her head so it wouldn't fly off. What a gentleman!
The seniors in Chorale were asked to sing "Friends Forever" by Vitamen C. Emily is in the group on the top row, the 2nd one closest to me.

Introducing the Senior Class of 2009
Getting ready for her turn to begin the "march" towards her diploma.
Shaking the principals hand.

The hug that nearly made me lose it.
Waiting for her name to be announced.
The official moment she received her diploma!!!!

Each senior was allowed to ask one teacher to meet them when they received their diploma. Mrs. Hren has been a big influence in her life.
Mark's parents were very proud of their first grandchild graduating.
Three of her favorite men; Uncle Paul and "her boys" as well as her precious cousin, Lydia.
Uncle Ed and Aunt Susan
One very, very proud Daddy
My parents. Emily is their third grandchild to graduate.

Lydia adores Emily. Emily treats her like a princess.
Uncle Alan and Emily's sweet cousins; Lydia and Chloe.
Emily and her siblings.

Finally, mom and dad... we couldn't be more thankful to God for his grace in Emily's life.









What a beautiful day today was for our family. We watched our little girl walk across the stage and recieve her high school diploma. What a joy it was; and surprisingly, I didn't shed one tear. I choked up twice. The first time was when I saw Emily and Erin hug. Erin is the junior class secretary (I think). Because of being an officer for the junior class, she had the privlidge of ecsorting the senior class into the stadium and handing a rose to half of the student body as they walked up to the stage to recieve their diploma. God was so gracious to allow Erin to be standing on the side that her sister would be entering. When she handed the rose to Emily, they embraced. It was then that I choked up. But I quickly gained composure and was able to rejoice as Emily smiled and walked across. The only other time I choked up was when I hugged Emily for the first time after the ceremony. And as I type this, I can feel the same choking in my throat. It was a very precious day. Emily looked beautiful in every way. She is such a delight. We are truly blessed. She will be heading for Baptist Bible College on August 21 to further her education. She is planning on earning her Elementary Education license with an additional emphasis on teaching English as a secondary language. Her goal is to teach English in China.

We celebrated her graduation with an open house yesterday. I has some incredible help preparing for it and some priceless help during it. One of my most precious friends, Jennifer, called me nearly everyday asking what she could do to help. Because I was so lax in my preparations, she finally told me she was coming over and sitting down and writing out all that I needed. I was very thankful for her skills! She then had mints made for us and made a wonderful desert and showed up 2 hours early to help prepare. And all through the open house, she continued to take care of the food. The other priceless person was my sister-in-law, Susan. Priceless truly does describe them both. Susan showed up 2 hours early bearing cake and croissants and a willingness to put in some hard labor. She helped finish all the preparations and never left the kitchen (except to load up more food when needed). She and Jennifer worked until every crumb was swept and dish was washed. Thier love for us was incredible. My mom helped prepare all the food that we could the day before and my dad helped me decorate. My mother-in-law filled in anywhere she was needed and my precious friend Libby came loaded with punch and a heart to serve. I am truly one blessed mama!

Emily was blessed beyond words. SHe had so many who love her come and share her moment. We had what seemed to be a constant trickling of people through the doors. I was so proud of her. Every person who came, she made sure she went and greeted and spent time with them. She was completely wiped out by the end. So much so that she missed a few parties that she had hoped to visit. And by the end of today's celebration, she looks as if she is going to pass out. She had hoped to make 2 of her good friends parties, but just wasn't able to gather up the energy to walk out the door.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Emily and the entire Miller clan! Emily is beautiful inside and out. We are blessed to know you guys. Our thoughts were with you on this special day. God Bless!

Ruth said...

I did tear up - just by looking at the pics and reading! :) Emily is so beautiful! I have always thought so - both inside and out! I would have loved to have been there.