Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Today I was blessed so much I wanted to share. Well, I guess I am blessed everyday and should share it everyday, but today God simply reminded me of my blessings. Elizabeth hid in our closet. She is cute when she hides, and... unfortunately, sometimes too good at it. There have been times that she has scared me to death because I can't find her anywhere and she stays so quiet that I really have no clue where she is! But this time, I knew. After a little while, she popped out with a big smile on her face, holding several coins in her hand. She proudly announced what she would do with this new found money. I would have expected her to say she would buy something for herself. But, no... she smiled and said she was going to give it to church. It was so sweet and she was so excited about being able to give her money to church. I thought for a moment about what she was saying. Then I felt guilty. There is a little "church bank" that kids in Sunday school put money into if they bring it. I have really only seen one little girl put money in. I had never thought of teaching Elizabeth and Ri, so young, the concept of giving money weekly. We have taught our kids the importance of tithing, but not until they began earning money of their own. How tender it was to hear Elizabeth wanting to give without really understanding much about it!

Then, a few hours later, she came down the stairs holding a beanie baby (beanie babies are her favorite things to play with these days). She announced that she was going to wrap her animals up so that she can give them to people so they could play with them and make them happy. She was very excited about it. So... I imagine we might be finding a few special toys and giving them away :) How fun is that?

No comments: