We had an enjoyable weekend. Erin is officially done with swim team. I think it is safe to say that all of us rejoice!! She ended the season with her best times. Emily worked Friday and Saturday, but was able to visit her Aunt Susan and Uncle Ed after work on Friday. That is always a highlight in EMily's life. They treat all of the kids as if they are their own... only they shower them with just about anything the kids want. Emily looks up to Aunt Susan and adores her with everything she has. I think it is safe to say that Aunt Susan would be able to fill my shoes if God were to take me home. Sam and Jacob earned money for their trips. They helped Mamaw and Papaw settle in to their new home by helping move some things. Mamaw pays them way, way, way tooooooo generously... but she is doing it to help them reach their goals. They each made $20.00 from Mamaw. Then Sam made money by watching the little ones for me while I was at a new bible study I started attending Saturday. Mark and Jacob had upward basketball, Erin was at the swim meet and Emily was with her Aunt and Uncle; so that left Sam. He didn't mind earning extra money. Then Mark and I went on a lunch date and had the boys watch the babies. So.. they both earned even more money for their trip. So far, according to Jacob, he only has $2894.07 left to earn. His goal is $3000.00. That is on the high side. The tuition is 2295.00. But he has travel costs and would like a little extra money for some souvenirs. He is now officially signed on to do the concession stand for 2 soccer leagues in the spring. Hopefully if it goes well, he can do it in the fall too. Sam's goal is $1800.00 for his trip. I'm really not sure how much he has so far towards it. But, we keep reminding them that if they work hard and count every penny, they will be surprised how it will add up. There are so many lesssons they can learn from this. I am excited to see them work.
As I mentioned earlier, I went to a bible study on Saturday. God is so good. New Years Eve, we went to some very good friends house. During the evening, we shared some of the difficulties we have experienced since we brought our beautiful son home. I shared how difficult it has been to even go to church simply because I spend the whole time in the nursery. I just about had given up and way too often found excuses to not even go just because I knew all I would do is sit in the nursery. Well, the next Sunday, my precious friend approached me and asked me straight up how I was doing spiritually. She sensed my pain and asked if I would be interested in a ladies bible study - one that truly dug into the word of God. God had laid it on her heart for months. She felt now was the time. I longed for it. And my precious husband shared with me that he wanted to do all that he could so that I could go. He has seen how difficult being in the nursery and not getting fed has been on me and wants to help me meet that need. So, I went on Saturday and rejoiced when I left. The ladies God placed on her heart are all precious friends to me and all but one knows where I have been spritually lately. There are only 5 of us. I am longing for that intimacy with these ladies. And the study seems incredible. So.. I am looking forward to how God will work in my life through this study and these 4 precious friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment