
I think that Ri will have no problem catching up to Elizabeht in size. Yesterday, we were at the doctor for Elizabeth. I put Ri on the scales and he weighed 26.8 pounds! Elizabeth weighed 28.8 pounds. There is only 2 pounds between them. When we brought him home, he was 5 pounds lighter then her. He also has grown! He is now 34 1/2 inches tall. It blew me away. I have really noticed lately that he has become quite the chunk... I just didn't realize how much he had gained. He has gone from our weak, bony little boy to a strapping, strong, little chunky monkey! In China, he weighed 23.4 pounds and measured 33 inches tall. On August 9th, he had his 2 months check to monitor is weight and height. We were so excited to see that he had gained over 2 pounds and grew 1/2 inch. He weighed 25.8 pounds and measured 33 1/2 inches long. In just shy of a month, he gained another pound and grew a full inch! No wonder my arms are getting tired when I carry both of them!! :)
As for mental growth, Ri is soaring. He is able to repeat just about anything now. He is getting quite brave with most physical attempts. He climbs ladders very easy, he refuses to let me help him walk down stairs, he can jump and run (and is even able to run a little quicker). He is still very interested in how things work, pouring stuff into any container, carrying anything he can in any type of container that has a handle, coloring (on anything that is around him) and exploring and doing anything his sister does. If Elizabeth can do it, then you can bet that Ri will do it too (or at least give it his all). He is totally potty trained and unfortunately has discovered how cool it is to be a little boy when you are outside and no potties are around! The bad part is, he is becoming quite independent in using the potty and will go, often without telling me. So... put 2 and 2 together and you might end up with a little man pulling his pants down at times it really isn't appropriate (like at a garage sale or a soccer game :) )
As for favorite things: His absolute favorite thing is food! He loves it. He also loves destroying things (I don't think he sees it that way though). He investigates everything, is very indendent and loves, loves, loves to keep up with Elizabeth. Elizabeth is probably his favorite (but often his biggest rival) as well as Daddy. He loves being outside with his Daddy (and lights us bigtime when Daddy comes home). Oh... did I mention his love of shoes?? Oh my, it cracks me up. He has to have his shoes on as soon as he sees them. He also loves to put on the kids soccer socks. As soon as he sees them, he plops down on the ground and puts them on both feet. If he can only find one, he cries and cries and hunts all over for the other. Another favorite things to do is put socks on his hands. As for toys, he loves just putting them into other things. One of his favorites is some magnetic sticks and balls that we have. He loves pulling them apart and putting them back together.
Well, for now, I must go. It has been a hectic morning and between all the interuptions, it has taken me 2 hours to complete this. Enjoy the next few pictures. Sam has pointed out to me that being the 3rd child is not so fun when it comes to pictures. He says I have gone crazy with the little ones and he and Jacob have hardly any. He is right. I have got to begin focusing on them. It is just that at 2 years old, they are so fun to take pictures.
Jacob played in his first soccer game of the season. They won by quite a bit. It was so neat to watch him play. He has become very strong and an excellent soccer player. Here are a couple of pictures from the game:
This one just makes me laugh. THey were so much fun on the day that I took this shot. I had fun coming up with this page too. Mark is not so thrilled with it, but I really like it.

The next one is one of my favorites of Elizabeth.



1 comment:
Darcy, I just love your scrapbook pages! I am trying to learn, but I have so far to go. Thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us! I saw one of your pages on China Digital Scrapbooks too...lovely! I really need to take a class or something. Where do you get your papers/elements? It's so wonderful seeing your family grow together. God is good!
Erica Potter
Post a Comment