Praise God, for He is faithful and just. He is the giver of all gifts. He is my God, my creator, my strength. After posting earlier and asking for prayer, I sat down to read in the book of James. I figured I referred to it, maybe it would be a good idea to read it this morning. So.. I rejoice. I rejoice because God met me there. I am not a big fan of the readers version of the bible, I am not opposed, I just am comfortable with KJ or NIV. But, I picked up Jacob's bible this morning and this is what the NIreadersV said: My brothers and sisters, you will face all kinds of trouble. When you do, think of it as pure joy. Your faith will be put to the test. You know that when that happens it will produce in you the strength to continue. The strength to keep going must be allowed to finish its work. Then you will be all you should be. You will have everything you need. If any of you needs wisdom, ask God for it. He will give it to you. God gives freely to everyone. He doesn't find fault. But when you ask, you must believe. You must not doubt. People who doubt are like waves of the sea. The wind blows and tosses them around. A man like that shouldn't expect to receive anything from the Lord. He can' make up his mind. He can never decide what to do. James 1:2-8
Ok. That hit me between the eyes. I have read it and read it before, but today, I needed to be reminded of that very passage. We had asked for wisdom and I know that God answered it... months ago. And now, here I struggled with questions and doubt. But... God is great. I praise Him. The passage continued.. it continued to this part. I was blown away because I don't ever remember reading this in James before. This is what I needed to be reminded of this morning. First, my sin, then God's promise. Here it is:
Here are the kinds of beliefs that God our Father accepts as pure and without fault. When widows and children who have no parents are in trouble, take care of them. And keep yourselves from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
Wow! I praise God this morning and look forward to our final stage of this journey to Ri and the beginning of an exciting stage of our new family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment