Thursday, November 18, 2010

If you are at all interested in watching Erin playing soccer, you will have an opportunity on Saturday!!!

The big game is coming up! Saturday, Erin's team will begin competition in the national tournament. 32 teams will battle to go to Alabama. Houghton will compete against Indiana Wesleyan University (ranked #8) at 2:00 at IWU's campus. Mark and I are planning to go. We won't be able to make it to Alabama if they make it that far, but we can at least try to make it to this one. For many of you, you have heard me talk about Erin and soccer, but have never had a chance to watch her play. Evidentally, the game will be televised via the IWU website. Here is the link:
http://www.dakstats.com/WebSync/Pages/Webcasts.aspx?association=10&StartGameDay=11/19/2010&EndGameDay=12/2/2010&tab=3#WSO_anchor
(I think!) If you can't get it that way, then just go to www.indwes.edu and click on athletics and then find women's soccer and eventually you will find it. Erin was told that there is no cost to this telecast. If they make it to Alabama, you can watch her live but it will cost $10.00/game or $25.00/for the whole tournament.

If you do chose to watch Saturday, she is #10 and is a midfielder.

Here is a link to an exciting game in the qualifying tournament (Erin scored the winning goal):
http://athletics.houghton.edu/news/2010/11/13/WSOC_1113100650.aspx?path=wsoc





I took these pictures from the Houghton Website. I believe the copyright belongs to Mike Wise. His website with all the pictures from the Houghton Games is: http://mikewise07.smugmug.com/Houghton-College-Soccer/2010Women

No comments: