


For the first time in a very long time, we had our entire family back together. It was wonderful! It was kind of a last minute thing. We decided to have Erin's surgery in Ohio rather then New York. Because of that, we had to get her to Ohio to have a doctor evaluate her so that we could schedule an appointment. Instead of us traveling to New York and back twice in 3 days, Emily offered to go get Erin and come home as well. It was a blessing. Emily has made it back to Ohio 3 times in the past 3 weeks. It was quite a sacrifice for her to make the long trip again. We were very grateful!
After seeing the doctor for her shoulder, we saw a different doctor for her knees. It ends up that she may need surgery on both of them. We will know more on Thursday. I am not sure the dates for any of this. Ri's just got changed to January 5th. Erin's will be during Christmas break.
There is much of our life that I haven't shared. I guess I have slacked off quite purposely; not being able to pull the plug though. Part of me wants to stop my blog and part of me just can't imagine it. For now, that is the part that is winning. But, I have seemed to be a little more reserved about posting.
But... for now.. I will continue to post. If I do quit the blog, I will let you all know. Bri and Sherri... Of course I will keep you on!! I am thrilled you are following.
So.. what is new? Well, Sam had a wonderful soccer season. He played both varsity and JV. He is really looking forward to playing his senior year next year. We just attended his banquet. We are very proud of our son! He had some difficult things happen today and he has shown himself to be quite a man in the way he is handling them. I have recently been in awe of how much he is growing up and what a fine young man he is. I am amazed at his strength and determination. He is treasurer of his class, on student council, involved in soccer, marching band - a section leader, jazz band, pep band, youth group, and is in the top 10% of his class. To top it off, he is an absolute amazing big brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment