And you should hear the sounds at nightime! It is the most incredible "country" sound I have ever heard (though it does make sleeping a little more difficult). The frogs are in full season (I am guessing it is mating season). For the first time in my life, I actually feel like I am living in the "real" country. I have to say that it is pretty cool! The other night when we got home from church, the sky was magnificantly painted with stars, the air was crisp... it just smelled of beauty! We instantly heard the noise of the frogs. Sam ran for a flashlight. Both he and Jacob followed the edge of the pond looking for frogs. The little ones tagged along, oooohhhhing and awwwing at each sighting. It was the neatest experience. I wish you all could experience it.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
To my husbands absolute joy, we have had a few heavy rains lately. Yesterday was the best. When Jacob hopped off the bus, he saw that the pond had finally completed filling. He was thrilled and instantly changed into a suit to find out how deep it was (despite how cold it was outside!.. brrrrrrr). He couldn't wait until Daddy came home so he could see the pond. We have been waiting for this day to finally arrive. And here is what it looks like.....

And you should hear the sounds at nightime! It is the most incredible "country" sound I have ever heard (though it does make sleeping a little more difficult). The frogs are in full season (I am guessing it is mating season). For the first time in my life, I actually feel like I am living in the "real" country. I have to say that it is pretty cool! The other night when we got home from church, the sky was magnificantly painted with stars, the air was crisp... it just smelled of beauty! We instantly heard the noise of the frogs. Sam ran for a flashlight. Both he and Jacob followed the edge of the pond looking for frogs. The little ones tagged along, oooohhhhing and awwwing at each sighting. It was the neatest experience. I wish you all could experience it.
And you should hear the sounds at nightime! It is the most incredible "country" sound I have ever heard (though it does make sleeping a little more difficult). The frogs are in full season (I am guessing it is mating season). For the first time in my life, I actually feel like I am living in the "real" country. I have to say that it is pretty cool! The other night when we got home from church, the sky was magnificantly painted with stars, the air was crisp... it just smelled of beauty! We instantly heard the noise of the frogs. Sam ran for a flashlight. Both he and Jacob followed the edge of the pond looking for frogs. The little ones tagged along, oooohhhhing and awwwing at each sighting. It was the neatest experience. I wish you all could experience it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay Darcy...Ri is officially in the "Boy's Club!" The picture of him holding that snake is proof he is "all boy and then some!" Ha! Ha! I'm glad the snake wasn't any more closer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment