Well, school starts in just 3 days. It is sad for me. I miss my kids when they are not here. This time of year is always difficult. That first day is always the hardest, knowing they are in someone elses teaching for 6-8 hours. But, God is good and He will take care of them.
The pictures of our special day together. This summer has been very crazy and we haven't had an opportunity to really do anything together. Don't get me wrong, we have done quite a bit, it is just that we haven't really done anything as a family, alone since we brought Ri home. When we went to China, Sam missed out on going to Kings Island with the entire 7th grade class. Jacob missed out on the 5th grade overnight. We promised the kids that we would do everything possible to try to take the family to Kings Island. That day finally came last Thursday. It was a miserably hot day, but the park was not crowded and we had an incredible time. Ri and Elizabeth seemed stunned for the first couple of hours, but once they figured out what it was all about, they seemed to eat it up. They are too little to ride much, but what they could ride, they loved. The older kids got to ride to their hearts content. It was a great day for all of us.
Tomorrow, Ri is seeing an orthopedic for his legs. He still walks very funny, as if he hesitates with his right leg. The physical therapist and our family doctor both agree that one leg is shorter then the other. So... we are seeing what needs to be done tomorrow. I will fill you in when I can. As for everyone else, they are all doing great. Elizabeth is growing in leaps and bounds. She is putting 4 and 5 words together all of the time. She is completely potty trained (even better then Ri now) and is able to lay in bed without screaming for me. Ri is amazing us daily with how quick he learns things and how wonderfully he picks up on things (good and bad things). He is quite the destroyer, always tearing things apart (though I think it is just to figure things out).... but who knows. He works hard at doing anything and everything Elizabeth does. It is very funny to watch.
Well, I am getting tired. I just wanted to fill everyone in on the little ones. Erin is playing soccer for the high school team again. She is very excited about it. Please pray that she does not continue to injure herself. Her knees are really beginning to be a problem for her. Emily is blossoming into an incredible young woman. Sam is really beginning to get bigger. He is really shining in his character these days, working hard on his walk with the Lord. Jacob is so excited about 6th grade. It is neat to see him maturing so much!
Mark and I are treading water... but our heads seem to stay above water most of the time. I do have to admit that my legs are getting pretty tired. I am hoping that the water becomes a little calmer so that we can continue to survive !!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment