
The creek is a favorite spot for all the kids. I usually hesitate going, not because I don't enjoy it, but because I have other things to do and I know that the creek will take more time then I want to give and will be much dirtier then I want to be. So yesterday, when Erin had a "friend" come to the house to hang out. I decided to have the 2 of them take Eli and Jacob to the creek. They weren't all that crazy about taking Elizabeth and Ri. Once they left, Elizabeth and Ri looked sad. I broke down and decided to take them to the creek... besides... I could keep my eye on Erin and her friend. Amazing how much energy I can muster up when boys who are "friends" enter the picture.
The little ones enjoyed every minute of the adventure. Elizabeth has become a master at stopping and turning over rocks to look for bugs. The creek does not stop her. She walked right into the water and didn't hesitate once. Ri is kind of unsteady on the rocks under his feet... but squealed and squealed through it all. We all ended up having a wonderful time. We got dirty, my house was a little less clean when Mark came home, and it took some time... .but it was worth it.
By the way.. thanks Louwana, Becky and Christy... for the encouragement yesteday. I went to bed smiling and thanking God for your wonderful words.
No comments:
Post a Comment