Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I have been thinking about our son and wondering how he is. We are praying that the nannies are sharing with him our pictures and telling him that he has a family that loves him. He isn't at the age that he could comprehend exactly what that means, but at least he might begin to "know" what we look like and won't be as terrified when he is placed in our arms. My specific prayer is that Ri might feel the presence of God even as I write this and that when he meets us, he recognizes and feels the Spirit of God within us and be comforted rather then scared.

I have thought about why Ri has begun his life in a way that would be so difficult. He was left at the gates of the hospital when he was only 3 days old. He must have been loved by his family that they would risk so much to lay him at the gates of somewhere that could help him. But.. he was left without a mother or a father to hold him and love him. He was born with a heart condition that caused him to undergo open heart surgery when he was only 11 months old. He went through the surgery without parents to hold him and love him. He had pneumonia and spent 30 days in the hospital without a mom to hold him and comfort him. But.. he was not alone. God was holding him through every moment, every pain, every tear. He was placed for adoption when he was only 8 months old, but no family came forward to adopt him. His chart was reviewed by 3 families, but none felt called to make him their son. I've often wondered why... why would he be up for adoption for so long.. what was wrong and why? Well... I don't know nor claim to understand God. I don't know the exact answer, but I have come to an answer that has given me peace. I believe with all of my heart that Ri was born with a heart condition so that he could become our son. God's plan is that he be our son. Had Ri been born healthy, the chances are very strong that he would not have been abandoned. Had he had a strong heart and still been abandoned, the chances are almost positive that he would never have been waiting this long for a family AND I know for a fact that our family would not have been aloud to adopt him. Our son had to wait because God had not prepared my heart for him. God had to make some changes in my heart to prepare me for a special little guy that was suppose to be our son! Every detail of Ri's life has been orchestrated by God. He loves Ri and has a purpose for his life. His heart condition, his abandonment, his life will used by God for God's glory and for Ri's good.

Like I said, I don't claim to understand God. The only thing that I do know for a fact is that ALL things work together for the good. That is biblical and a fact. I know that God has a plan for Ri because in the book of Jeremiah, God states it! Jermeiah 29:11 says: For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

You see... God has a plan for our little boy!

No comments: