Yippee!!! The paperwork from the Consulate arrived in our mailbox yesterday afternoon! We have been praying all last week for it to come in time to make it to FTIA by Wednesday. The Consulate indicated to expect 20 business days processing time. I mailed our paperwork to them, regular mail... not expedited, and they did not receive it until 2 weeks ago exactly! What an answered prayer! It's when God does this kind of thing that I almost feel like He is reminding me that this little boy is His plan for our life. Sometimes I struggle wondering if I just love this little one and want him as a son, or is this God's plan for our family. Not that loving him and wanting him as a son is a bad thing, but ultimately, the only thing that matters is God's plan. I've walked long enough with God to realize that when God is the one who has made the plan, not me... it will be fine. When I am the one making the plan, it usually isn't the best thing!
Anyways, I have overnighted the dossier to our agency. They will review it completely and if it is all ok, they will send it to China on Friday. In adoption terms, that means we are DTC! Our DTC will, hopefully, be 12/22/06. The Log in Date is the crucial date. That is the date that China will log us in. It is the date that the next timeframe begins. From the LID (log in date), it will take 2-4 months for us to get our TA (travel approval). Once we get the TA, it will be 1-6 weeks until we travel. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks to have a LID. So, I figure that the earliest we will travel will be April. I am guessing that we might travel in May, but really possibly June. Hard to think of waiting 6 months to hold our son. But... God is in control and His timing is perfect. Whenever I doubt that, I just look into our sweet Elizabeth's eyes and am reminded of perfect Gods' timing truly is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come on June.....for me too ;) I hope we travel together. First things first. Get a referral.
Jennifer
Post a Comment