Well, Emily is off to camp. What a joy it was to drop her off and listen to what is in store for her these next 2 weeks. The camp director shared with us that the kids (counselors) had 272 hours of training ahead of them... in just 14 days! OK... Jacob and I did the math. If that is completely true, then she is faced with 19.42 hours a day for the next 2 weeks. So I am guessing (or maybe more accuarately..hoping) that 272 hours isn't exactly right.
I am not sure what kind of training that other camps give their counselors... but I am confident that these counselors will be the best trained counselors I have ever come across! Having experienced the orientation for parents and counselors on Monday and listening to what is in store for Emily (training wise).... if I had a child who could go to camp this year; Skyview would be it! THe training is so packed that Emily can not even get off for Erin's graduation. That makes me very, very sad. But the day that ERin graduates is the day that she will be getting training in CPR. It is a shame becaues she has already been certified in CPR, only that was before we got Ri. I am confident she has to be recertified. :( It breaks my heart for both of the girls. Emily can't stand the thought of missing ERin's graduation. Emily didn't ask about being able to make it to Erin's graduation party, but she is pretty confident that she will not be able to go. After hearing all that is going on, I am pretty confident she won't be able to either. I can't wait to see what God has in store for Em!! I can't imagine a better training or experience to prepare Emily for serving the Lord or for helping her figure out what God's plan is for her.
One part of camp is a wilderness camp. It takes kids into Canada. Erin had signed up for it 2 years ago, but was unable to go. She had been so excited for it. Emily thought is sounded very cool and would love to be one of the counselors chosen for it. She grabbed her passport and was looking at it on the way to camp. It never dawned on me that it could have expired (forgot that she was a child when she had initially got her passport)! SHe noticed the expiration date. It is quite possible that Em will not be chosen for that camp (and she is fine with that), but if she is, then we have to have her passport ready to go. The camp is in 5 or 6 weeks which means that I am in CRUNCH time to get a passport. The problem is that she is unable to leave camp training and in order to submit an application, she has to be there with me. Oh well... God is in control. There is a good chance she won't go on the trip and if she does, God will work out all the details!
Please DO pray for the counselors! And pray for the campers who will be attending. I use to have a very tender heart towards Skyview, but after the experiences that Erin, Sam and Jacob had had, my heart had grown a little colder. BUT... in the past couple of years, I have seen it change.. and after Monday.. my heart has become very tender towards this camp again. God is working through the hands of the servants at Skyview!
As for Elizabeth, she had a good night last night. She is still miserable at times, but I think we are finally over the hump. I have no idea if the scab has come off. I think we are still in the "danger" zone for bleeding to occur - so I would love prayer for that as well.
Erin finished her high school career yesterday! We are so proud of her and whom she has become in the Lord. We are thankful for her accomplishments and her goals for her future. Sam has finals tomorrow and Friday and then he will be done. Jacob is finishing up; hopefully today.
Ri still has a very poor cough. He is amazingly tough though! This is definitely the only sickness that I have seen him really have to deal with. I have to say that this young man is tougher then anyone I know. Us adults are babies compared to him. He has the strength of a lion! (or at least the heart of one)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment