Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well, I am beginning to feel the "pains" of labor. It is getting more and more difficult to wait. My heart is aching. I check my email about every 10-15 minutes anymore, hoping for some news. I sit and practically stare at my phone, hoping for it to ring and be Betty, our family coordinator. But... the funny thing is, my phone has never rang so few times!

I know that it is in God's time, not mine. I know that very clearly and truly want ONLY His time, but it is getting harder. I watch the video over and over and see the emptiness in Ri's little eyes and I ache. I ache for him to know he has a family who loves him. So, the video is a bitter-sweet thing to me. I love watching him, yet it has caused me to long to hold him all the more.

As we sit and wait, our life continues to be in full motion. Emily is in the midst of OGT tests. They are crucial tests for all high schoolers. It is a very stressful week for her, so if she comes to your mind, please pray for her. Erin just made the Junior Varsity Softball Team for her school. Not much of a down time for her between sports. Sam has joined the track team. We are thrilled to see him getting involved and can't wait to go root him on! Jacob had his first practice for his traveling soccer team last night. Sam's traveling team begins on Saturday (if he plays this season). Neither Erin nor Emily are playing softball this year. It breaks my heart. They both would love to, but I am unable to coach. That took the wind out of their sails. It would have been Emily's last year to play in the league. I have coached her since she was 9 years old! It broke my heart to not be able to coach her that last year, but life is calling me in other directions. I will have 2 toddlers, both of which will not want me gone 3 nights a week. Plus, we think we may be traveling to China in the midst of the season. We do not know for sure, but chances are very, very high. With that in mind, it would not be right for me to take on a team. It was a hard decision for all of us. In addition to all of the sports, Emily is working 2-3 nights a week. So, once school is over during the day, the running begins.

No comments: